Only One Planet Earth
At Lifeplus we recognise there is only one planet earth and it is everyone’s responsibility to take the best possible care of it.
For decades we have taken our responsibility seriously. We regularly consider not only the impact of our decisions on our current community, but also on future generations.
We know that the decisions we make can serve as examples for others around us. We know that the vendors we choose can help communities thrive. We know that what we did in the past has paved the way for today and what we do in the present can result in a better world tomorrow.
Learn more about what we are doing today.
Taking great pride in our products
- Are free of GMO* ingredients.
- Are not tested on animals.
- Are tested regularly, both the individual ingredients and the finished products, to verify they are exactly as they say.
- Are tested for, and free of, pesticides, herbicides, heavy metals and other contaminants.
- Are wrapped in packaging free of BpA.
- Do not contain micro-plastics.
- Are shipped (in Europe) in easy to recycle envelopes and boxes.
Using environmentally friendly packaging when possible
Our packaging choice depends on the complete life cycle of the material used and its ability to deliver Lifeplus products to our consumers in the healthiest format possible with protection from:
We now use recyclable HDPE** plastic made from PCR*** materials for all products packaged by Lifeplus. This means all of our bottles, canisters, lids and tubs are made with a minimum of 97% PCR HDPE.
** High density poly-ethylene
*** Post-consumer recycled
And, packaging for our Naturalii skincare line is made from sustainable sugarcane. Find out more on our Naturalii website here.
Community engagement with the Lifeplus Foundation
We are proud to share that throughout the last two decades our greater Lifeplus family has come together, by way of the Lifeplus Foundation, and collectively worked to fund community-based sustainability projects around the globe. Supported projects focus on improving access to clean water and sustainable food sources, increasing educational opportunities and extending emergency relief.
Lifeplus Foundation is a registered charitable organisation in the USA and Germany.
Learn more at www.lifeplusfoundation.org
Zero waste to landfill
Recycling efforts are prominent in all our offices. We recycle, reuse, or compost 99% of produced material waste at our UK office and have maintained “zero waste to landfill” certification since 2015.
"Friend of the Sea" certified omega oils
Friend of the Sea is a globally supervised World Sustainability Organisation certification program. It has become the leading certification standard for products and services that are committed to positively contributing to the health of the oceans by promoting sustainable fishing practices.
Eco-Friendly employee elephant bike program
Supporting colleagues to use bikes whilst providing transportation for communities in Africa. This Cycle of Good – Elephant Bike Program provides a refurbished British postal bike for each one bought to communities in Malawi. To date we have purchased 10 bikes, including a trike and tandem, so colleagues from our UK offices can use these, in place of cars, during their working day. And we do so knowing someone in Malawi now has similar transportation for their day too.
Does Lifeplus only source non-GMO ingredients?
Yes. Lifeplus requires all vendors to provide documentation certifying that ingredients purchased from them are free from GMOs. We feel strongly that the extra effort and expense are worth it.
Why aren’t all Lifeplus products from organic sources?
Organic ingredients can be limited in supply. We source these where we are able to do so but our principal concern is always with the purity of ingredient to ensure our products are derived from the cleanest sources we can find.
And we are excited to see more and more options. Not only in certified organic ingredients but also organic ingredients grown in sustainable, regenerative and community supportive ways. We remain committed to continuously evaluating the market to see where we can adjust such that we are purchasing from growers / suppliers who offer the cleanest and consistently highest quality ingredients possible.
Does Lifeplus source ingredients from sustainable farms?
Yes - where we can we do.
Do any Lifeplus products contain micro-plastic?
Why do you use HDPE [high density poly-ethylene] plastic as product packaging and how does that help the environment?
We use HDPE plastic, the best choice for product integrity, because it:
- Is inert, just like glass, but unlike glass:
- doesn’t break and therefore we don’t run the risk of our containers shattering.
- is lightweight requiring less fuel and cost for transportation.
- Contains no BpA and / or phthalates. It’s stable to the point that nothing from the HDPE will "leach" into the contained product, even when heated.
- Is resistant to many chemicals, including acids, alcohols, esters and oils.
- Provides an impermeable barrier to block out light, air and moisture.
- Doesn’t support, or encourage, the growth of bacteria or other microorganisms.
- Is reusable. HDPE’s stability and inert nature makes its containers perfect for re-use.
- Is easy for our consumers to recycle from their home compared to other plastics.
- Is safe to burn [when done correctly by facilities set up to do so] reducing to just water and carbon dioxide.
And we now use 97% post-consumer waste recycled HDPE to save energy and reduce waste.
We understand our sustainability efforts are never complete …
As we continue to develop our relationships with established and new vendors, elevating our criteria to include a stronger emphasis on ingredients sourced through sustainable and regenerative agriculture, we remain committed to providing the best quality products possible.
And we have implemented an internal sustainability team who will continue to evaluate, implement and update our sustainability measures. From product ingredient selection to packaging solutions, from how we dispose of our waste to everything in between - we will continue to take sensible steps which improve our footprint on our one and only planet earth.